Working at The Ashcombe
The Ashcombe School is a high-achieving genuinely comprehensive school with a very successful Sixth Form and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work. We continually look to support exceptional pastoral care, high levels of attainment across the ability range and provide an enviable range of extracurricular activities to prepare and enable young people to lead fulfilled lives. We are ambitious for all our 1480 students and 170 staff.
Located in Dorking in the heart of the beautiful Surrey Hills, with excellent travel connections, the school has well-resourced teaching facilities for all subjects. Working at The Ashcombe is challenging and rewarding and ensures the school enjoys a strong level of staff retention.
10 Reasons to join us at The Ashcombe School
- Excellent ECT programme including salary backdated to August
- Visible, active, and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Students who are enthusiastic, fun and respectful
- A whole staff team which is inclusive and welcoming
- A school which is highly valued by parents and has a clear place in the community
- Career development programme for all staff
- Part of a small independent MAT with opportunities to work with colleagues from the other two secondary schools
- An enviable range of extracurricular activities and trip opportunities
- Additional benefits including staff gym, free lunches for duty and INSET
- Work-life and family-friendly policies
Our staff and students are our strongest reasons to join us, and are very happy to confirm this to visitors and candidates – come and see for yourself.
Please take a look at our current School Information:
The Headteacher holds regular Zoom presentations to introduce the school to potential candidates. If you are interested in attending the next presentation please email email@example.com
A school tour is available on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for these events.
Please read all details of the posts below, before applying and note the closing dates.
This page has all the details of current vacancies. Please read all details of the posts before applying and note the closing dates. Please view or download the Candidate Pack of the position that interests you, and if you wish to apply, please complete the relevant Application Form. Please send your completed application to email@example.com by the closing date and time.
Adverts and Social Media
We advertise all our vacancies on TES
Follow us on social media for alerts about vacancies
- Early Years Practitioner November 2023
- Student Data Assessment Officer November 2023
- Support Staff application form