The Ashcombe Art department strives to provide an exciting and diverse range of experiences which encourage students to develop their creative decision making, critical thinking and independent thought. All students are given the opportunity to explore a wide range of skills and techniques, using both 2D and 3D materials, whilst also developing their analytical skills through the study and exploration of historical and contemporary artists such as Henri Matisse, Frida Kahlo and Banksy.
Our curriculum in Years 7, 8 and 9
Students explore a wide range of exciting topics throughout Years 7, 8 and 9, including Pop Art, Printmaking, Technical Drawing and Portraiture. Students also take part in several 3D design projects, ranging from the Year 7 Spirit animal mask-making project to Year 9's sustainable fashion show "Trashion".Curriculum Map Key Stage 5
Key Stage 4
- KS4 club in B19 on Thursdays after school and a KS5 club on Thursday in B20 afterschool.
- There is a classroom open every day primarily for KS4/5 students to drop in and get help with work. KS3 pupils can also utilise this if needed.
Key Stage 3
- Year 7&8 - Tuesday after school in B18
- Year 9 - Photography Thursday lunchtime in B4
- Year 9 Art - Friday lunchtime in B20