Thank you to everyone who has submitted the GCSE Options Form for their child. If you are yet to do so please use the link below.
- Tuesday 9th January. Year 9 GCSE Options assembly with Mr Robinson
- Wednesday 17th January - GCSE Options Evening - 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Friday 23rd February - Deadline for the submission of the options form.
GCSE Options Evening Booklet and link to the Options FormGCSE Options Evening Presentation
BTEC Construction & Hair and Beauty
BTEC Selection Process
Thank you to all the students who have expressed an interest in the BTEC courses in Construction and Hair and Beauty.
Mrs Sampson (Assistant Head) has taken over management of the BTEC courses. However, the selection process has not changed. Here are the details about the selection process.
Stage 1 - The letter
Please email your letter to Mrs Sampson.
Your letter should cover the following.
1. Why do you want to study a BTEC in either Construction or Hair & Beauty?
2. Do you have any experience with either Construction or Hair & Beauty? This could include doing hair and makeup for friends and family or completing construction projects at home.
3. An example where you have shown real determination to get something finished.
Stage 2 - The Interview
If you submit a good letter, we will interview you. Please don't worry. We will be supportive.
The deadline for your letter to Mrs Sampson is 8th March.
The BTEC Construction & Hair and Beauty courses started for Year 10 in 2021. They offer practical-based learning, continual assessment and will occur once a week in the afternoon. Please tick the box on the Initial Preferences form if you are interested in taking one of these courses. There will be an interview and selection process for these courses.
The Heads of Department have recorded video guides which will give you an introduction to optional subjects.